During my day I have a lot of 8–12 minutes time intervals when I’m alone, I have my iPad / iPhone and online.
I should inbox zero my Mail, Drafts and OmniFocus during this periods.
- Doing every day so I will never miss anything important.
- Doing it quick, I have limited time so I can’t afford start worrying about items, I have to assign the project and context.
- Doing in strict order Mail, Drafts, OmniFocus. Every item will end in OmniFocus, most trustable and reviewable tool.
- Don’t do it when hanging out with other person. It’s unpolite and contr-productive.
- If I got an item with real deadline, I should set it in OmniFocus.
- If during cleaning inbox I got new item on top, I will ignore it until tomorrow.
- If an item is a doable action with 2 minutes max duration, I should do it.